Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tooty Toot!

One of my favorite sites for scrapping inspiration is gallerystandouts.com. I love the variety of styles in the layouts they feature and always manage to add a few pages to my favorites from their selections.

I've had a couple of pages featured there recently. I have to say it's such a good feeling to see my work among their selections. Since things are pretty quiet on the homefront today, I thought I would share the layouts here as well.


Est. Date,Everyday, Worn Scuffed Chipboard alpha, all by Sahlin Studio at ScrapMatters
Font is DJB Liz by Darcy Baldwin at Sweet Shoppe Designs
Polaroid by Andrea Burns (retired)

Everything from Love and War by Holliewood Studios at Oscraps; Photo by Stephanie Saujon Baltz at LaPhotographieNashville.com


Paper, flowers, ribbon, frame, glitter splat from Innovation by Sahlin Studio at Scrap Matters
this perfect day from Scratched Notes by Sahlin Studio at Scrap Matters
Stamped frame from Antique Journalers by Sahlin Studio at Scrap Matters
Border from Outer Limits by Karah Fredricks at TLP
Journaling reads:
Julia was 1 week old. It was Elizabeth’s first day of Third Grade. It was my first day out of bed. It was when it finally sunk in that Elizabeth was no longer an only child. At long last, I was the mother of two.


I will say that I got quite a bit of mail/PMs/messages about the miscarriage layout. Yes, that's really what happened. Yes, it was horrible and heart-breaking. Yes, I am OK. As you can see by my other layouts, the much-prayed-for-baby did eventually happen. She's beautiful, healthy and she blesses me every single day. The layout was very therapeutic for me, but I also hope it encourages others to scrap beyond just the happy, easy times. Of course those times are important and scrap-worthy, but we are shaped by difficult events in our lives too. Don't be afraid to scrap them.

No comments: